Blepharoplasty is an aesthetic procedure done for purposes like modifying the eye region, tightening the skin around eyes, redraping of the excess fat and repositioning of the tissues around the eye region.
This surgery is performed so as to restore the correct functioning of the eye muscles and eyelids. So any candidate with the good health without any serious eye condition and a usual non-smoker can undergo this plastic surgery.
This surgery follows a few steps while considering the eyelid surgery:
- Anesthesia- Usually local anesthesia is given so as to comfort the patient.
- Incision: Then the area is determined where the incision can be made so that after the surgery the scars are naturally disguised.
- Surgery: After the marking of lines and area the surgery is performed removing the excess fat and the skin from either the upper eyelid or the lower one.
- The closing of incision: It includes the closing of the area by stitching it.
- After that, the stitches are opened in 7 Days.