Microdermabrasion is a simple, straightforward, non-invasive treatment that revitalizes, reduces large pores, dull skin, erases wrinkles and fine lines, acne scars, reduces mild pigment irregularities (hyperpigmentation), acne scars, age spots, and stretch marks. It is evenly effective to other skin treatments (on superficial flaws), and, most importantly, it lets you get back to your routine shortly after treatment.
Microdermabrasion is a skin resurfacing treatment that goes by gently rubbing the top layer of the skin with the help of a diamond-tipped scepter or micro aluminum oxide crystals, leaving a new, fresh layer underneath. It is a non-invasive, non-surgical cosmetic procedure done at home, medical or dermatological offices, in beauty salons, and spas. Micro abrasion has practically no side effects and no risks because it is one of the smallest invasive skin resurfacing procedures.
Contraindications, however, do exist. Patients on Accutane for six months before nursing and pregnant women, people experiencing active malignant tumors, herpes lesions, keratosis, active rosacea, or troubled acne should not have micro abrasion.
Microdermabrasion effectively diminishes and even gets seared of enlarged pores, fine lines, age spots, blackheads, hyperpigmentation (uneven skin tone), scars, stretch marks, dull skin, and wrinkles. Women who have tried it (myself included) say a complete microdermabrasion procedure makes the skin smoother and better. Genuine results, however, depend on previous medical conditions, your skin’s strength to recover, and who conducted the procedure. It is not sufficient on critical skin imperfections because microdermabrasion can not reach deeper layers of skin. Microdermabrasion can, though, get relieved of superficial acne scars and red marks. Microdermabrasion is a safe alternative to laser rejuvenation & chemical peels for fine lines and acne scars.
- It is the shortest invasive dermatological procedure (as compared to laser resurfacing and dermabrasion)
- Microdermabrasion is painless.
- It is also more affordable than cosmetic surgery.
- It has fewer side effects, and it is effective on all skin types and tones.
- It is possible as home microdermabrasion methods and kits.
- Microdermabrasion does not need anesthetic if done at a physician’s office (unlike surgical skin resurfacing) or spa and beauty salon.
- It improves your skin look fresh, younger, glowing, and for some people, like to perfect.