The integumentary system is the biggest organ in the human body. Every Day it is subject to various factors that can adversely affect the skin. Our makeup, the gravitation of the earth, and time all do their portion to produce those wrinkles, slack or spooky skin, fine lines, and wrinkles of the face, especially around the mouth and eyes. Continued exposure to the sun and smoking’s UV rays significantly stimulate the growth of these aging symptoms, resulting in superior photo-aging of the skin appearing in dull, wrinkled, pigmented, and lax skin.
Laser skin resurfacing decreases facial blemishes, wrinkles, or scars due to acne or other causes. In this way, rays of light are focused on the skin to be treated, resulting in removing the skin layers. This procedure is also known as last abrasion, laser vaporization, or laser peel.
The two kinds of lasers most generally used in laser resurfacing are erbium laser resurfacing and CO2 laser resurfacing.
Reasons to prefer skin resurfacing
Most patients want it because it:
- Decreases sunspots
- No risk of causing scarring, bruising, or crusting
- Requires minimum recovery time
- Provides a fresher, more young skin tone and texture
Areas than being treated include:
- Fractional Skin Resurfacing can be used in any body area, including the face, chest, arms, legs and hands, neck. There are the following treatments available at the AWISH clinic:
- Erbium Laser Resurfacing
- full face laser resurfacing
- under eye laser resurfacing
- laser resurfacing for wrinkles
- laser skin resurfacing acne scars
- laser resurfacing on the nose
- laser resurfacing for black skin
- skin rejuvenation and resurfacing
By erbium laser resurfacing pretty deep, superficial lines and wrinkles can be removed from the face, chest, hands, or neck. With erbium laser resurfacing, minimum burning of blockading tissue is caused. There are several side effects of CO2 fractional laser therapy, so your recovery time should be quicker than with CO2 laser resurfacing. In some cases, recovery may only need one week.
This particular laser provides better results in darker skin tones.
CO2 Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing
An array of narrow-focused microbeams of light are delivered, which creates columns of heat within the skin. Due to these beams of heat, the tissue gets heated, leading to collagen shrinkage and tissue injury, which excites fibroblasts to produce new collagen and elastin tissue. As the new tissue is produced, it decreases lines and wrinkles, sunspots, large pores, acne scars providing a more young texture and skin tone.
The fractional ablative procedure with CO2 fractional laser provides the most exciting results.
Since the laser perceives to a specific, controlled depth, the procedure is very safe and expected.
Skin variations that can be treated with Fractional CO2 laser:
- Decreasing age spots or freckles, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation
- Reducing deeper wrinkles
- Reduction and possible removal of wrinkles and fine lines
- Repair of sun-damaged skin on face, shoulders, hands, neck
- Reducing peri-orbital wrinkles
- Treatment of melasma, chloasma
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
The number of treatments required varies significantly from patient to patient, depending upon your particular condition and hardness of the condition, skin type, and results aspired. Most signs seem to respond after one procedure. For acne scars or traumatic scars, multiple procedures might be needed about 5-6 months apart. The skin condition remains improving 5-6 months after the last procedure.
Skin resurfacing procedure
First, the area to be treated is purified. A local anesthetic cream may be applied, or if aggressive resurfacing is required, IV known sedation will be done by an anesthetist for a comfortable treatment. Then the fractional handpiece precisely reads the discrete contours of your skin treatment area. Your treatment is performed using a fractional handpiece smoothly conducted over the skin, giving microbeams of CO2 pressure into the skin. After the procedure is completed, your skin is cleaned off, and ointment will place on your skin. Normally, it takes 1 hour for the procedure to complete depending upon the surface area used.
How Long Will It Need To Recover?
Most patients will be ready to return to work quickly following this type of treatment.
What Should I Expect After Treatment?
After treatment of Fractional Laser Treatments, your skin might be warm, red with slight inflammation and tightness, and itching sensation. All these signs and symptoms will disappear within few hours of treatment.
What Are The Possible Complications And Risks?
- Fractional laser skin resurfacing or Fractional photothermolysis offers fast healing and least to no downtime.
- A mild sensation of burning or pricking sensation is felt depending upon the area treated and type of device used.
- For some time afterward, the skin looks sunburned and feels tight. The pinkish look on the skin will fade in 1-3 days, simultaneously with the inflammation.
- A bronzed, suntan look caused by the dead, burnt at each MTZ, will continue for 4– 14 days before naturally peeling.
- As the skin repairs itself, there will be gentle to mild skin flaking, which may persist for up to 1 week.
Post laser resurfacing skincare includes:
- Makeup can be used right away if desired.
- You can hide the bronzing and skin flaking by using a hypoallergenic moisturizer.
- Avoid creams with vital ingredients such as Retinoids or AHAs, which annoy the skin and prevent the healing process.
- Do not sleep on the support of the treated area to help bypass any inflammation, e.g., sleep on your back if your face has been treated.
- Use cool compresses or cooling gels to the treated area if needed.
- Avoid sun exposure for one week and apply sunscreen agent with an SPF of 30
Cost of CO2 laser resurfacing
The cost of laser skin resurfacing differs from patient to patient. Cost depends upon the area to be treated, the severity of your problem, treatment is preferred, etc. Please make an appointment with our clinics located in Delhi. On your visit, our experts at the AWISH clinic will discuss the best laser treatment suitable for you and provide you the specific cost of your treatment.