Best Dermatology Clinic
Dr. Vijay Kumar
Medicine can cure diseases but
only doctors can cure patients
MBBS, MD (Dermatologist)
Who is Dr. Vijay Kumar?
MD from BHU (Banaras Hindu University)
Banaras Hindu University is the top 10 universities in NIRF ranking 2020. BHU was ranked 801–1000 in the QS World University Rankings of 2020. The same rankings ranked it 177 in Asia in 2020 and 90 among BRICS nations in 2019. It was ranked 601–800 in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2020 and 167 in Asia in 2020.
MBBS from Kasturba Medical College
KMC Mangalore is one of the top 10 medical colleges in India. Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore is attached to three government hospitals and was the first medical college in India to be established as a public-private partnership.
Director of AWISH Skin & Hair Clinic
A World infirmary of Skin and Hair (AWISH) is providing the best skin and hair care services based on the best available evidence in the world. Our center offers treatments based on Cochrane Library, British Medical Journal best practices, American Academy of Dermatology, Up To Date by Wolters Kluwer Health division. Your Satisfaction and giving the best result is our motto.
Sr. Consultant in FORTIS HOSPITAL
life Member of
Member of IADVL
The Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists, and Leprologists (IADVL), the largest representing official society of Indian Dermatologists was established in its present form on 28th January 1973. IADVL also happens to be the world’s 2nd largest Association of Dermatologists behind the American Academy of Dermatology. It is the national association of Indian medical specialists who manage patients with skin disorders, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) or leprosy.
Member of IMA
Indian Medical Association is the only representative, national voluntary organization of Doctors of Modern Scientific System of Medicine, which looks after the interest of doctors as well as the well-being of the community at large. Today, I.M.A. is a well established organization with it's Headquarters at Delhi and State / Terr. Branches in 34 States and Union Territories. It has over 3,30,000* doctors as its members through more than 1750* local branches spread all over the country.
Member of ACS(I)
The Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India – ACS(I) – is the premier organization in the country devoted to the promotion and advancement of knowledge and skills in the field of surgical and aesthetic dermatology. The aim of the association is to educate dermatologists, conduct conferences and workshops, promote research and assist in public health education in the field of dermatologic surgery and, thereby, improve the quality of cutaneous surgery training in the country. ACS(I) is in existence since 1999.
Hair Transplant Fellowship has done from Milan, Certified and awarded by world congress of cosmetology and dermatology
Famous Author of
1st RCT in INDIA Published in the journal IJDVL (Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venerelogy and Leprosy)
Comparison of efficacy of platelet-rich plasma therapy with or without topical 5% minoxidil in male type baldness: A randomized, double-blind placebo control trial” accepted in IJDVL.
- *Dosemane D, Kumar V, Madi D, Kanthila J. Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection: Does Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy Influence Ear Nose Throat Manifestations?. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. 2018 Dec 1;70(4):555-8.
- *Kotian, S.M., Kumar, V., & Joseph, N. (2016). Proportion and Pattern of Tobacco Use: A Study of its Determinants and Awareness Among Class Iv Workers of a Private Medical College in an Urban Area In South India.
- *Rai T, Kumar V, Subba N. A rare case of neurofibromatosis type I with coexistent Wilson’s disease. Indian dermatology online journal. 2018 Sep;9(5):348.
- *Rai T, Sermili SR, Kumar V. A case of pseudoepitheliomatous keratotic and micaceous balanitis in a 50-year-old male mimicking verrucous carcinoma. Journal of Institute of Medical Sciences. 2018;1(2):1-3.
- *Awarded Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) STS for project “Effect of ciprofloxacin on haloperidol-induced catalepsy in albino mice” Ref. No. 2012-00411.
- *Awarded short-term research project on “Profile of tobacco-containing products use among class IV workers in Mangalore city” under Manipal University UG student research grant.
- *Awarded Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) STS for the project “Human immunodeficiency virus infection: Does HAART influence ENT manifestations” Ref. No. 2014-01552.
Best Dermatologist Awards of Dr. Vijay Kumar
- 1ST PRIZE IN UNDERGRADUATE QUIZ 2014 in clinical dermatology organized by IADVL-KN held at the Kasturba Medical College Manipal.
- 1ST PRIZE AWARD in state-level undergraduate ENT QUIZ organized by SSIMS & RC at Davangere.
- 2nd prize in undergraduate students quiz in medicine organized by Department of Medicine (MEDIQUIZ) held at the A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore.
- Winner in the 27th IAP Pediatric Quiz for Undergraduate organized by Indian Academy of Pediatric held at the Mangalore
- Participated in IPS-KC state-level medical undergraduate psychiatry quiz competition conducted at Kasturba medical college, Manipal.
- Second prize in intercollege microbiology quiz competition PROBE 2012 an event of MICROFEST 2012
- Participated in PRUDENTIAL 2014, the National medical quiz at KMC, Manipal.
- Participated in Intercollege undergraduate quiz on general ophthalmology at Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore.
- Awarded a certificate of merit for coming in the top 5% of the class with distinction at the first M.B.B.S 2011.
- Participated and successfully accomplished the feat of forming the largest mass Human Heart Beat Simulation under ASIA Book of records on 2014 held at DR. T.M.A pai International convention center, Mangalore
- Awarded competitive examination in Leprosy XI in Annual conference of IADVL & Leprosy prize for the year 2013.
- Semi-Finalist in Apollo All India Annual Medical quiz 2014 held on Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- 1ST PRIZE IN DERMATOLOGY QUIZ CME held at, MLN medical college, Allahabad.